Sorry for moving, but this blog has moved to http://blog.troosti.com
taken from here: http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/553526.htm
Basically run ”chkntfs c:” or “fsutil dirty query C:” to see if the dirty bit is set. If not, well then just disable it completely by going to kellys korner number 82! http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablecheckdisk.reg
well, download and install EX_M4S2_2.0.2, available here: http://emonkid.hp.infoseek.co.jp/EX_M4S2/
– download mbrwizard
– format usb stick as ntfs
– set usb ntfs partition as active using mbrwizard (even if it is active already, set it active again!)
– use “xcopy c:\winpe_x86\iso\*.* /s /e /f j:\” to copy files over again (command used from page listed as first credit above)
boot from archlinux boot cd
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt
mount -t proc proc /mnt/proc
mount -t sysfs sys /mnt/sys
mount -o bind /dev /mnt/dev
chroot /mnt /bin/bash
mount -t ext2 /dev/sda2 /boot
cp /proc/mounts /etc/mtab
I am using Windows XP SP3 in Parallels Desktop 4.0 on a Mac, and whenever I started a specific application in Windows that was on the Desktop, I got the error message: “The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?” Type: Application From: .psf.
To fix this issue, here’s what I did:
In Internet Explorer, go to Tools->Internet Options->Security->Local Intranet->Sites->uncheck first box, leave the remaining three checked->Advanced->Add “\\.PSF\”
Curiously enough, if you go back to the dialog box, the entry will have changed to file://*..psf
That’s it, not bothered anymore and works perfectly fine.
apt-get install apt-file
apt-file search Parse.pm
kopete wouldn’t send anymore messages on msn. So I tried reinstalling using aptitude, selecting kopete, ‘L’, going to the “Depends” section and selecting ‘L’ there also. No dice, “E: Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on libstdc++6”. So I added /etc/apt/apt.conf since it didn’t exist, and added “APT::Immediate-Configure “false”;”. A little ‘apt-config dump’ confirmed the setting was active. After that, reinstalling worked flawlessly. Then I just commented the line out for future use.